banner1

website

profile1

Before I am a photographer, I am a daughter, a sister, an auntie, a friend. Maybe that's why I cry during every father daughter dance. I laugh at every toast. I well up when an Officiant pronounces a couple husband and wife. I buzz with joy chasing children around the playground. I feel awe when a newborn's tiny hand clutches my pinky finger. I draw from the emotions I have experienced through my own life's most precious moments to know when and how to capture those of others, and I usually can't help feeling overwhelmed myself! The emotional rush I feel when I'm behind the camera is what makes me love what I do. The joy I bring others through photography is what makes me do what I love.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sam!



On Sunday, I headed out to Wakefield Skate Park to take some pictures of Sam, on his skates, on the soccer field and with his family. I'll be photographing Sam's Bar Mitzvah in October at Temple B'nai Shalom in Fairfax Station, Virginia.



Sam is quite talented - he showed off his moves first on the soccer field.




Impressive!


Then we headed over to the skate park and Sam showed off all his tricks on his skates. It was so much fun!









We got the whole family in on the picture action - first up, Sam's little brother, Luke. He's almost 1 and just as cute as can be!





Sam's mom, Marianne is so fun and sweet. We took several family photos.







And finally, here's Sam and his dad, Jim. I met Jim and Sam first at Jodie & Steve's wedding in May. Jim is Steve's brother. I love when I get to work with families over and over again.



To see more pictures of Sam and his family, be sure to check out the slideshow! I don't know how Sam does all those moves on his skates - I would be terrified!

I had a blast with you guys on Sunday - can't wait for the Bar Mitzvah in October!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

NICE action shots, Jess! These are so cool!

Nathaniel Thompson said...

great action shots, jessica!

blog design: www.brianmedia.net