banner1

website

profile1

Before I am a photographer, I am a daughter, a sister, an auntie, a friend. Maybe that's why I cry during every father daughter dance. I laugh at every toast. I well up when an Officiant pronounces a couple husband and wife. I buzz with joy chasing children around the playground. I feel awe when a newborn's tiny hand clutches my pinky finger. I draw from the emotions I have experienced through my own life's most precious moments to know when and how to capture those of others, and I usually can't help feeling overwhelmed myself! The emotional rush I feel when I'm behind the camera is what makes me love what I do. The joy I bring others through photography is what makes me do what I love.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Birthday Celebration x2!

On Monday, I went to my monthly Pictage sponsored photography meeting (Pictage User Group - PUG!) and it was my birthday, so a few of my friends - Jenn, Sarah, Armin, Geoff, Paul, and Ralph joined me for dinner before the meeting. Geoff's birthday was a few days earlier, so we had a joint celebration!


A fun picture of me and Sarah at dinner, courtesy of Armin...






And the "x2" ... well, we're celebrating a new birth ... the birth of my new niece, Scarlet, to my dear brother, Dan and sister-in-law, Grace. I'm so excited to meet her in a couple of weeks! Hugs and kisses to you guys - I can't wait to see you (and of course take lots and lots of pictures at Scarlet's first photo shoot!)! I couldn't be a prouder sister and aunt!

5 comments:

Sarah Hodzic said...

Congrats on becoming and Aunty once again!
It's the best isn't it!!!!

:D
Can't wait to see the beautiful images you will take of her when you go to visit.

Armin de Fiesta said...

Congrats to your Brother's family's new addition!

JennLink Photography said...

Hey! I was at dinner toooooo!!!! Congrats on the new niece!

Jessica Del Vecchio said...

Oh, how did I miss putting you in there?? I updated the post! Of course I know you were there! Sorry!!

Jonathon Campbell said...

Jessica, Happy Belated Birthday!

blog design: www.brianmedia.net