banner1

website

profile1

Before I am a photographer, I am a daughter, a sister, an auntie, a friend. Maybe that's why I cry during every father daughter dance. I laugh at every toast. I well up when an Officiant pronounces a couple husband and wife. I buzz with joy chasing children around the playground. I feel awe when a newborn's tiny hand clutches my pinky finger. I draw from the emotions I have experienced through my own life's most precious moments to know when and how to capture those of others, and I usually can't help feeling overwhelmed myself! The emotional rush I feel when I'm behind the camera is what makes me love what I do. The joy I bring others through photography is what makes me do what I love.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Aim for success....


I read this quote today and it really moved me. I immediately printed it out and taped it on my computer monitor so I could read it every day.

"Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life." -- Dr. David M. Burns

I often say that I have no regrets, because I wouldn't be the person I am today if it weren't for the wrong turns and misdirections I've taken in my life. But sometimes, I think I need a reminder of this when I am in the moment and this quote sums up that sentiment perfectly.

No comments:

blog design: www.brianmedia.net