banner1

website

profile1

Before I am a photographer, I am a daughter, a sister, an auntie, a friend. Maybe that's why I cry during every father daughter dance. I laugh at every toast. I well up when an Officiant pronounces a couple husband and wife. I buzz with joy chasing children around the playground. I feel awe when a newborn's tiny hand clutches my pinky finger. I draw from the emotions I have experienced through my own life's most precious moments to know when and how to capture those of others, and I usually can't help feeling overwhelmed myself! The emotional rush I feel when I'm behind the camera is what makes me love what I do. The joy I bring others through photography is what makes me do what I love.

Friday, August 7, 2009

Continuation of the Auntie Tour :: Columbus, Ohio :: Visiting Tate




Last weekend, I headed to Columbus to visit my sister and brother-in-law, and my fun and sweet nephew, Tate. It was so nice to visit with them and I had a great time hanging out and relaxing.





I love this series... what a ham!

















We headed over to
The Topiary Park for a picnic lunch. The park is quite neat... a topiary interpretation of George Seurat's A Sunday Afternoon on the Isle of La Grande Jatte. I think that was the first painting I ever fell in love with as a child. I had a poster of it hanging in my bedroom. And then, in high school, I became obsessed with Sondheim's Sunday in the Park with George. So it was cool to check out the topiary version too.













A few fun family shots...







Next stop on the "2009 Summer Auntie Tour" is Cleveland to visit my darling niece Scarlet for Labor Day!

I've been crazy busy lately but the blog will soon be updated with lots of exciting things!

3 comments:

Sarah Hodzic said...

OMG Jess, the first and last images are killing me! They are SO fantastic.
I love the mood and feel of them.

Well done!

B Kirker said...

Absolutely awesome! What a cutie!

Unknown said...

Auntie Jessica, freezer pops are DA BOMB. Hear me? DA BOMB!!!!!!!

I've been living on those things this summer.

blog design: www.brianmedia.net